Exciting opportunity to work as an Intern in the Northern Office
The INTO invites applications for the position of paid intern.
This position will be for the school year 2018/2019. The person appointed will be located in INTO Northern Office (23&24 College Gardens, Belfast, BT9 6BS).
The position will be filled by an INTO member on secondment from their teaching post and subject to the person concerned securing approval as necessary from their Board of Governors.
The person appointed will be required to work normal office hours, Monday to Friday, for the school year 2018-2019. They will be subject to INTO Northern Office conditions and protocols, in terms of hours, holidays, and other relevant staff policies. The person will be paid to a maximum of £32,509 (up to M6) and accrue pensionable service as teachers.
A full statement of conditions of employment is available on request: email email@example.com
INTO is seeking members who are:
- enthusiastic about INTO and its services to members;
- seek more experience of INTO and its operation;
- have excellent oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills;
- are trustworthy and appreciate the confidentiality associated with handling issues for INTO members;
- have basic IT skills;
- have high standards and vision for INTO and for education.
The responsibilities of the internship will include working directly with sections within INTO as assigned, assisting with members’ queries and cases as assigned, attending meetings and preparing papers as required, researching specific issues, participation in internal meetings, providing administrative support and such other duties as may be assigned by the Northern Secretary.
To apply, please forward:
- a copy of your CV;
- a cover letter outlining your interest in INTO and how you believe you could contribute to/benefit from working with our Northern Office team;
- names and contact details of two referees (with a note of how each person knows you).
Your application, including the above material, should be sent to Internship, Northern Secretary’s Office, INTO, 23 - 24 College Gardens Belfast BT9 6BS, or by email entitled ‘Internship’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received not later than Wednesday 28th March 2018.
It is anticipated that a short-listing and interview process will take place. All applicants will be advised of the outcome. The INTO is an equal opportunities employer.
Date: Thursday, 15 March 18