Advice Support and Information
- Good quality, reliable information is available to school leaders through this website, InTouch magazine, the weekly E-newsletter (every Tuesday during term-time - subscribe here), the INTO Diary, through our other publications and on our Twitter page.
- INTO advice, support and information is provided through the INTO Query-Line, which dealt with an average of 1,250 queries per month in 2015. Approximately 40% of these queries were from school leaders. Your queries will be dealt with in a courteous, friendly and confidential manner within a specified timeframe. You can be confident that accurate and reliable information and advice is available and will be imparted in a fair manner. Queries in the immediate and urgent category are given priority at all times.
- The query line is operational 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. daily. However, a team member may call you back up to 6.00 p.m. Calls to the Query-line are logged by our reception staff. You will be asked to provide evidence of INTO membership (INTO number, teacher number, school roll number etc). Your query will be logged at reception and is then forwarded to the query team where it is assigned to a team member with the relevant expertise to deal with the specifics of the query. Our service target is to deal with your telephone query on the day it is received or on the next working day at the latest. If over the course of three working days attempts to contact you are unsuccessful, the query will be closed. All attempts to contact you will be documented. You will be advised by text message or voicemail of our attempts to contact you.
- Our email service also provides advice and information. Your email to email@example.com will receive an immediate automatic acknowledgement, and will be responded to as soon as possible. Where a substantive response is necessary, it will be issued to you within five working days. More complex issues may require further information and you may be asked to provide a telephone number in order to discuss the matter further with you.
- Our Head Office service is complimented by our Central Executive Committee (CEC) representatives who are available to discuss any issues that concern you. You will find contact details for your local CEC representative in the front of your INTO diary. CEC members are fulltime teachers and should be contacted outside school times if possible.
- Information Frequently Used by School Leaders