Pay talks: Update for members (VIII)
This is a summary of the proposed extension to the Lansdowne Road Agreement. A more detailed summary (and a full text of the proposal) will be available as soon as possible.
Duration of proposed agreement is 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2020.
Pay and pension levy
- 1 January 2018: 1% pay adjustment
- 1 October 2018: 1% pay adjustment
- 1 January 2019: Pension levy threshold up from €28,750 to €32,000 (worth €325pa); also reduced rate of levy for Single Pension Scheme members (combined worth over €500)
- 1 September 2019: 1.75% pay adjustment
- 1 January 2020: Pension levy threshold increased to €34,500 (worth €250pa); further reduction in rate foe Single Scheme members (combined worth varies; €350 at €40k salary)
- 1 October 2020: 2% pay adjustment
- No change in pension benefits
- Pay-pension link to continue
- Process to address pay equality for post 2011 entrants but no additional steps to pay equality specified
- Process to address unpaid adjudication awards (e.g. Benchmarking) but no specific commitment to payment
- Full exit from FEMPI pay cuts provided for
Date: Thursday, 8 June 17