25th March 2021
Members should note a number of forthcoming deadlines in the near future.
Staffing arrangements in Primary Schools for the 2021/22 school year – Wednesday, 21 April
Circular 0019/2021 has been issued to inform all primary school management and staff of the staffing arrangements for primary schools for the 2021/22 school year.
Wednesday, 21 April is the key date for schools to:
- Notify relevant Panel Operator of any permanent or fixed term vacancy.
- Return Main Redeployment Panel Application Form (Appendix E) for surplus permanent/CID holding teachers to the Department’s Primary Teacher Allocations Section.
- Return “CID Declaration Form21” (Appendix G) in respect of all teachers awarded a CID in or before the 2020/21 school year and a Main Panel Application Form, if applicable, to the Department’s Primary Teacher Allocations Section.
- Submit completed Staffing Appeals Form (Appendix F) for the April meeting of the Primary Staffing Appeals Board to the Department’s Primary Teacher Allocations Section.
- The Main Redeployment Panels will be published in mid-May for schools to appoint teachers from the panels to vacancies.
The INTO is preparing presentations on the staffing circular and on Contracts of Indefinite Duration. These will be available on the website in the coming days.
Decade of Centenaries Schools Irish History Competition – Friday, 30 April
As part of the ‘Decade of Centenaries’ commemorations, schools and students at all levels of primary across Ireland are invited to enter the annual schools’ history competition. The selected themes have a particular link to events of a century ago across the island of Ireland. The deadline for receipt of completed projects is Friday, 30 April.
Re-vetting process – ASAP when contacted
A reminder that when contacted by the Teaching Council, members are strongly advised to complete the re-vetting process promptly so that registration with the Council can be renewed.
Failure to maintain registration has consequences for the payment of salary from State funds.
Re-vetting of registered teachers is on a three-year cycle. Notifications will be issued to the relevant teachers on a scheduled basis six months in advance of renewal dates.
Members who have queries in relation to re-vetting or vetting in general should contact the INTO Head Office.