30th November 2022
Vacancy: Clerical Officer – Communications Team
Section: Communications Section
Location: 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1
The INTO is the largest teachers’ union in Ireland representing 50,000 members in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. The Communications Section plays a key role in ensuring that INTO members receive high-quality, timely and relevant trade union and educational material through a variety of communication channels.
The Clerical Officer will be based in the publications team, within the Communications Section and will work as part of a team under the general management of the Deputy Director of Communications/Senior Official.
The successful candidate will support the work of the publications team which produces, among other things, InTouch magazine, the Irish Teachers’ Journal, conference documents, reports, INTO’s annual wall planner, the INTO diary, member updates and INTO merchandise.
It is expected that the successful candidates will have a relevant qualification/s or significant relevant experience. Initially, specific duties will include:
- Responsibility for preparing content for INTO publications, including layout, editing/sub-editing, proofreading and basic design work.
- Project management responsibilities for designated publications and outputs.
- Shared responsibility for collating content, editing, and producing regular member e-newsletters and periodic updates, including data control of our Newsweaver account.
- Provision of administrative support to the team.
Competencies and attributes
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Possess an excellent work ethic with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and copy-editing skills.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the basics of graphic design and an interest in developing expertise in this area over time.
- Maintain excellent IT skills, preferably with proficiency in the following publications: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and PageSuite.
- Maintain effective organisational and administrative skills, prioritising workflow to meet operational objectives on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with team members within the communications section and across the organisation.
- Exercise sound judgement in all aspects of the work undertaken in this role.
A strong affinity for the work of the INTO and the trade union movement in general is desirable.
A letter of application together with CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 2 December 2022.
Terms and conditions for this role are available on request.