New SEN Model Online Module
MANAGING THE TRANSITION TO THE NEW SEN MODEL
INTO Learning is offering a stand alone online module on Managing the transition to the new SEN model. This module seeks to support special education teachers and school principals in managing the transition to the new SEN module.
The module will be very detailed and comprehensive and will cover both technical and practical details of the new SEN model. It will:
- provide an overview of learning support and resource provision heretofore
- provide a detailed dissection of the new module – both the circular 13/2017 and the accompanying Guidelines for Primary Schools and how these will be applied in practice
- provide a detailed briefing on the NEPS Continuum of Support and Student Support Files/Plans as referenced in the circular and the Guidelines
- detail what has changed and what has remained the same with regard to special education needs provision
- detail how schools can update their SEN Policy to encompass the new model
- provide advice on communicating the new model to parents
A template for a new SEN school policy is included as are a sample Student Support File, a checklist for Selection Criteria and a Personal Pupil Plan checklist to support SNA applications.
The module costs €30. You can register and participate in the course at https://moodle.intolearning.ie/
Click here for SEN module FAQs.
Account Creation and Module/Course Registration
We have built a brand new INTO Learning site and therefore, in order to buy and participate in a course or module on it, you are required to create a new account on this site. As part of creating a new account you will also set up a new username and password to access your module/course. Details on how to do this are given below.
1. How do I create an account and get a username and password?
To create an account:
- Click on the "create new account" link under the login section on our site moodle.intolearning.ie. Please note that you will be asked for details such as your email, mobile number, teaching council number, school roll number, etc so please have this information ready. You will also be asked to create a username and password for your account. Guidelines for password creation will be given.
- Once you have completed this step you will be sent an email with a link to confirm your account. If you do not receive your confirmation email within 5 minutes please check your spam/junk folder. If you have any problems confirming your account please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will manually confirm your account for you.
- Please note that you will need your INTO Membership Number to complete the course creation/registration process. If you do not know your INTO Membership Number please contact email@example.com.
2. How to I pay for my place on the course/module?
Once you have your account and login details you can login and pay for your course by clicking on the "Course Category" link. You then need to select the module. You are then transferred to the Realex payments management site to process your transaction. Payment can be made with debit or credit card.
3. How do I get a receipt?
If you require a receipt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: the log in details at the top of this actual webpage connect to your INTO Membership Area not the online learning site