Compulsory Participation in the Supervision Scheme
With effect from the beginning of the 2013/14 school year, participation in the Supervision scheme will be compulsory for all teachers.
Change in Annual Hours Requirement
With effect from the beginning of the 2013/14 school year, each teacher will be required to provide 43 hours supervision per annum. This will also include providing substitution cover for the absences referenced in the below paragraph (Usage of Supervision Hours).
Usage of Supervision Hours
- Hours provided under the revised supervision scheme will, in addition to usage under the existing scheme, be used as follows:
- With effect from the commencement of 2013/14 school year – to cover all uncertified sick leave absences, subject to appropriate alleviation measures in relation to multiple absences particularly in small schools.
- With effect from the commencement of 2014/15 school year – to cover the first day of force majeure leave and illness in family leave.
- Payment in respect of work carried out under the supervision scheme for the 2012/2013 school year will be made as normal.
- The supervision allowance will be discontinued with effect from the commencement of the 2013/14 school year.
- A gross additional payment of €1,592 will be included in the incremental scale for teachers in two moieties – half in the school year 2016/17 and the second half in the school year 2017/18.
- A teacher who retires on or before 31 August 2014 will have his or her superannuation benefits calculated by reference to their pay and pensionable allowances applying on 30 June 2013.