Public Service Stability Agreement 2013 – 2016 (Haddington Road Agreement) Supervision Scheme in Primary Schools
- The purpose of this Circular is to notify Boards of Management, Principals and Teachers of the amendments to the Supervision scheme to take effect from the beginning of the 2013/14 school year, arising from the Public Service Stability Agreement 2013 – 2016 (Haddington Road Agreement).
Compulsory Participation in the Supervision Scheme
- With effect from the beginning of the 2013/14 school year, participation in the Supervision scheme will be compulsory for all teachers.
Change in Annual Hours Requirement
- With effect from the beginning of the 2013/14 school year, each teacher will be required to provide 43 hours supervision per annum. This will also include providing substitution cover for the absences referenced in paragraph 4 Usage of Supervision Hours.
Usage of Supervision Hours
- Hours provided under the revised supervision scheme will, in addition to usage under the existing scheme, be used as follows:
- With effect from the commencement of 2013/14 school year – to cover all uncertified sick leave absences, subject to appropriate alleviation measures in relation to multiple absences particularly in small schools
- With effect from the commencement of 2014/15 school year – to cover the first day of force majeure leave and illness in family leave
- Payment in respect of work carried out under the supervision scheme for the 2012/2013 school year will be made as normal.
- The supervision allowance will be discontinued with effect from the commencement of the 2013/14 school year.
- A gross additional payment of €1,592 will be included in the incremental scale for teachers in two moieties - half in the school year 2016/17 and the second half in the school year 2017/18.
- A teacher who retires on or before 31 August 2014 will have his or her superannuation benefits calculated by reference to their pay and pensionable allowances applying on 30 June 2013.
- Click here to download Circular 33/2013
- Click here to link to information on the Lunchtime Supervision Scheme
Last updated: October 2013