Global Citizenship School supports primary schools in learning about and taking appropriate action on local and global issues of Justice, Equality, Sustainability and Human Rights.
Ready-to-go citizenship / human rights lessons here for all classes. Updated March 2019
Possible Follow-up Actions
Information for schools
G.C.S. Signage Application
Schools which have undertaken Global Citizenship learning and have also taken primary school appropriate action on some aspect(s) of global citizenship and who intend to continue doing so may apply, at any stage, to obtain large durable Global Citizenship School signage. The signage displays the school’s commitment to Global Citizenship Education and there is a cost of €100 (to cover signage and related
Schools organise their own ‘Signage Ceremonies’ and may invite a special guest to cut the tape or present the signage. The signage ceremony can take place in the school hall or GP room and fit in with the school’s own calendar of events. The signage itself is very colourful, A1 in size and made from diabond, a tough semi-metal and long-lasting product suitable for external or internal display usage. All that is required are 4 screws and a good location. Some schools have the signage outside or inside or near the entrance/reception. Please see here for pictures of the GCS signage.
The ‘signage ceremony’ main idea is that schools will display or tell about what they have done and what plans they have and the Special Guest will then present the signage to the school. Singing, dancing, poetry or short speeches by pupils are always popular!
G.C.S. Annual Events
- World’s Largest Lesson 17th September to 17th October – Annually
- U.N. End Poverty Day Events on 17 th October – National and Local
- Relaunch of G.C.S on Sat. 17 th Nov. in the Croke Park Hotel, Dublin from 11am to 3pm. ReLaunch will take form of a TEACH-MEET with teachers presenting Approaches, Lessons or Actions from own schools around the country.
- U.N. Human Rights Day on 10th December – Promote locally
- Promote Global Citizenship / 17 Global Goals at St. Patrick’s Day events and parades by schools locally, regionally & nationally
- INTO Global Citizenship School online Summer Course (July/August)
G.C.S Photo Gallery
2016. Tuesday, 31 st May – Global Citizenship School’s 1916-2016 Launch in the Mansion House, Dublin.