The INTO's strength lies in our membership - the larger our membership the stronger we are in serving teachers and representing the views of the profession. Our position of strength is contingent on the recruitment of new members into the organisation.
School Representatives are KEY to recruitment
Direct recruiting of another member of staff is not always an easy task. The following suggestions may help:
- Introduce yourself to new teachers. Outline your role and explain that you are there to offer help and advice.
- Advise new teachers on the benefits of INTO membership and other conditions of service.
- New teachers should be advised of special meetings for new teachers.
- They should be given membership application forms to complete and sign or be directed to join online via the website. The school representative should ensure that the forms are completed properly and forwarded to Northern Office without delay.
- New members should be invited to Branch Meetings and the procedures explained to them.
PLEASE APPROACH ALL new members of staff and invite them to join INTO.
DON'T FORGET all NQTs get their first year of membership for FREE, all New Joiners get their first 3 months of membership for FREE and Substitute Teachers ONLY pay for the days they work!
INTO Recruitment Packs And Promotions
Every August we issue you with an INTO Recruitment Pack containing application forms and recruitment materials. Additional materials can always be requested from Northern Office. We also run Recruitment Promotions throughout the year and all new members get an INTO New Member’s Pack with INTO information and promotional goodies.