Northern Conference 2022 was held on Friday 4 – Saturday, 5 March 2022 in The Killyhevlin Hotel, Enniskillen and was an opportunity for members in branches across the North of Ireland to bring motions forward to address the most pressing issues facing teachers today.
This year’s chairperson was Marie O’Shea, teaching Principal at St John the Baptist PS, Roscor, Belleek, Co. Fermanagh.
Conference documentation and selected videos from this year’s conference can be found below.
The theme of this year’s Conference was ‘Education in a post-Covid world’.
Talking points included:
- How do we value educators in the world of education?
- How will the excessive workload on teachers and school leaders be tackled moving forward?
- How will we secure long term, multi-year investment plans– financial investment / resource investing?
- How will the issues that were in schools prior to the pandemic that were further exasperated by it be addressed?
- Final Agenda 2022 (pdf) for Northern Conference which includes the timetable, rules, motions deemed in order by the Standing Orders Committee and the list of delegates attending.
- Annual Northern Committee Report (pdf) to Northern Conference.
- General Conference Information (pdf) for attendees (including registration procedure and Covid mitigations).
- Motions Passed
Conference Exhibition Stalls
This year, we had fourteen different Exhibitors that attended Conference – they were split over two separate areas. Delegates collected their ‘Exhibitor Bingo’ card at Registration and were entered into a draw for prizes donated by the INTO and the exhibitors.
Selected videos from this year’s conference
Northern Conference 2022 Opening Session
Northern Secretary’s Address
Minute Silence for Ukraine
International Women’s Day
Presentation by Chief Inspector Faustina Graham
Q&A with Chief Inspector Faustina Graham