25th January 2018
Today’s payslip reflects full effect of salary uplifts to salary to date. The payslip of 11 January reflected only a partial uplift (8 of 14 days).
Since 1 January there have been a number of changes to teachers’ salaries.
- Scale salaries have been restored by 1% for all teachers.
- Pay reductions imposed under HRA for teachers earning more than €65K have been
- All post 1 January 2011 entrants have been merged onto a new common scale which includes the value of an honours degree allowance. There is scale equivalence between pre- and post-1 January 2011 scales when the honours allowance is taken into account but a length of scale difference remains to be addressed.
- All post January 2012 entrants and 2011 entrants with a pass degree will see a pay uplift.
- The €1,000 pay increase from 1 April 2017 will now be subsumed into the pay scale.
- USC rates have been reduced and the standard rate income tax band has increased. The standard rate income tax band has increased from €33,800 to €34,500. The 2.5% USC rate is reduced to 2% and the ceiling for this rate increased from €18,722 to €19,372. The 5% rate of USC is reduced to 4.75%.
Full details can be found in Circular 0083/2017 (pdf).
As always, members are reminded to check payslips.
INTO Members concerned that salary is incorrect should call the INTO Queryline on 01 8047700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.