16th February 2018
Want to Serve INTO Members Next School Year?
Exciting Opportunity to Work in INTO Head Office
Two Fixed-Term Positions as Paid Interns – School year 2018/2019
The INTO invites applications for two positions as paid interns for the school year 2018/2019. Persons appointed will be located for work purposes in INTO Head Office (35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1).
These positions will be filled by secondment from teaching, subject to securing Board approval. Persons appointed will work normal office hours, Monday to Friday, for the school year 2018-2019. They will be subject to INTO Head Office conditions and relevant staff policies. The appointees will continue to be paid their normal DES salary and to accrue pensionable service as teachers, and will receive an additional allowance subject to a
maximum combined amount.
A full statement of conditions of employment is available on request: email firstname.lastname@example.org
INTO is seeking members who:
- are enthusiastic about INTO and its services;
- have an interest, and ideally involvement at school/branch level, in INTO;
- seek more experience of INTO and its operation;
- have excellent oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills;
- are trustworthy and appreciate the confidentiality associated with handling issues
for INTO members;
- have good IT skills;
- have high standards and vision for INTO and for education.
The responsibilities will include working directly with sections within INTO, as assigned, assisting with members’ queries and cases, attending meetings and preparing papers as required, researching specific issues and such other duties as may be assigned by the General Secretary.
To apply, please forward:
- a copy of your CV;
- a cover letter (2 pages max) outlining your interest in INTO and how you believe you could contribute to/benefit from working with our Head Office team;
- names and contact details of two referees (with note of how each person knows you).
Your application, including the above material, should be sent to Internships, Office of the Deputy General Secretary, INTO, 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1, or by email entitled ‘Internships’ to email@example.com
All applications must be received not later than 5 pm on Wednesday 21st February 2018 – Closed
It is anticipated that a short-listing and interview process will take place with interviews scheduled for 12th and 14th March 2018. All applicants will be advised of the outcome.