19th February 2018
A Facebook Live discussion for all members will take place this Wednesday, the 21st February @3.15pm. Our Facebook discussion will assist teachers in their implementation of the new procedures and will also provide suggestions for use of the two half days closures/one day closure.
- Explain the New Child Protection Procedures – DES Circular 81/17 (pdf);
- Outline the key obligations set out in the new procedures including in relation to:
- Teachers as mandated persons
- Mandatory reporting
- The definitions of “harm” and “abuse”
- Obligations on Principals and/or DLPs and Deputy DLPs;
- Reporting obligations to parents, Boards of Management and Tusla.
Head Office personnel will be on hand to talk through the new procedures and answer your queries. We hope you can join us.
In the meantime key documentation is available from the links below:
- Download a Questions and Answers (pdf) guide which has already been published by INTO
- View further documentation including the Child Protection Procedures here