25th April 2018
Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union is a large and progressive credit union, with €225m in assets, serving 23,000 working and retired teachers and their families nationwide, through online and mobile platforms as well as offices in Parnell Square, Dublin 1.
Due to the impending retirement of the current CEO, we seek a suitably experienced and dynamic individual to take on this key role, and have partnered with Forté Recruitment Specialists – a leading executive recruitment firm – to assist with this search. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful financial institution and to shape the future success and strategy of Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union.
This is a control function under the Central Bank fitness and probity regime.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and based in Dublin 1, the CEO’s main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Credit Union.
- Appointing, leading and motivating the Management Team and Staff to maintain overall operational performance standards.
- Ensuring high quality internal controls are implemented and maintained to safeguard the assets of the members of Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union.
- Leading the planning, implementation and creative development of all marketing and growth strategies, to maximize financial return and toincrease member numbers.
- Devising and managing targets and performance standards for all employees.
- Supporting the Board of Directors and Committees in all aspects of their Governance role.
- Assisting the Board in formulating and reviewing strategies and policies for all aspects of the business, as well as development and execution of the strategic plan.
- Overseeing the investment portfolio and liaise with fund managers.
- Driving Change Management initiatives.
- Maintaining full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including the areas of risk, data protection, money laundering, employment law and health and safety.
- Representing the credit union with services providers, regulatory authorities, industry bodies and other credit unions.
- Work with the Management team to identify opportunities for IT improvements and generate efficiencies.
- Accurate presentation & reporting of financial accounts and budgets to the Board, in collaboration with the CFO.
- Ad hoc projects.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in leading and managing an experienced and diverse workforce.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working at a senior management level. Experience within a credit union / financial institution, would be beneficial.
- A clear understanding of relevant legislation (Credit Union Act, Consumer Protection Code, Data Protection, and Criminal Justice Act – MLR & CTF).
- A strong understanding of risk management and compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Proven history of interaction with Boards and other senior stakeholders. Experience dealing with the Central Bank would be a benefit, but is not essential.
- Exceptional people management and motivational skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess QFA and/or CUA qualifications.
- Other professional qualifications relating to compliance and/or Risk Management would be desirable but not essential.
- Third Level Qualification.
- Very strong, IT and process improvement skills and track record of driving and implementing continuous improvement.
- A genuine interest in the Credit Union movement and passion for its values and ethos.
The closing date for this role is Thursday 24th May 2018. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org