15th January 2019
Want the opportunity to see how INTO operates?
Want to Serve INTO Members Next School Year?
Exciting Opportunity to Work in INTO Head Office
The INTO invites applications for two positions as paid interns for the school year 2019/2020. Persons appointed will be located for work purposes in INTO Head Office (35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1).
These positions will be filled by secondment from teaching, subject to securing Board approval. Persons appointed will work normal office hours, Monday to Friday, for the school year 2019/2020. They will be subject to INTO Head Office conditions and relevant staff policies. The appointees will continue to be paid their normal DES salary and to accrue pensionable service as teachers and will receive an additional allowance subject to a
maximum combined amount.
A full statement of conditions of employment is available on request: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTO is seeking members who:
- are enthusiastic about INTO and its services;
- have an interest, and ideally involvement at school/branch level, in INTO;
- seek more experience of, and to learn more about, INTO and its operation while working full-time at head office;
- have excellent oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills;
- are trustworthy and appreciate the confidentiality associated with handling issues for INTO members;
- have good IT skills;
- have high standards and vision for INTO and for education.
The responsibilities will include working directly with sections within INTO, as assigned, assisting with members’ queries and cases, attending meetings and preparing papers as required, researching specific issues and such other duties as may be assigned by the General Secretary.
To apply, please forward:
- a copy of your CV;
- a cover letter (2 pages max) outlining your interest in INTO and how you believe you could contribute to/benefit from working with our Head Office team;
- names and contact details of two referees (with note of how each person knows you).
Your application, including the above material, should be sent to Internships, Office of the Deputy General Secretary, INTO, 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1, or by email entitled ‘Internships’ to email@example.com.
All applications must be received not later than 5pm on Wednesday 13 February 2019. It is anticipated that a short-listing and interview process will take place with interviews scheduled for 4th and 5th March 2019. All applicants will be advised of the outcome.