16th July 2020
The INTO is currently recruiting for an Executive Officer in the Office of the Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer, Finance, Membership and Operations Section
The INTO is the largest teachers’ union in Ireland representing 48,000 members in the Republic and Northern Ireland. This permanent Executive Officer position is now advertised and the successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, responsive and flexible team, committed to the INTO organisation. This is a diverse role operating across and providing assistance to the Office of the Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer, Finance, Membership, Operations and HR. The successful candidate will work closely with the team in delivering the Section’s objectives. The working hours applicable to this role are 35 per week.
- Administration back up as required e.g. photocopying, scanning, shredding, sending correspondence etc.
- Pension trustee meeting, inviting trustees, arranging tea/coffee, inviting guest speakers, uploading minutes and papers to the extranet, typing minutes
- Accounts committee meeting, circulating invites, agenda, papers, arranging the venue, restaurant bookings, dealing with committee member queries in advance of sessions
- Examiners of accounts meetings, arranging meetings, circulating papers, arranging tea/coffee
- Proofreading policies and research tasks in the area of policies
- Taking and circulating team meeting minutes
- Diary management: Arranging meetings (booking rooms, checking participants availability) also to have access Officials’ diaries to confirm availability/book in appointments
- Travel arrangements e.g. train ticket booked, accommodation bookings if required
- Diverting phone to manage phone messages when Officials not available e.g. on leave or out of the office for CEC/Conferences
- Provide assistance to AGS/AO in preparation and running of Conferences/Congress
- Provide assistance in the areas of member benefits/membership plus scheme and the solidarity fund including follow up on each project which our solidarity fund supports annually
- Admin assistance for HR Management Information reports (source Flexitime/other)– Sick leave, Holidays, training, Term Time, Career breaks/Maternity leave etc.
- Assist in compiling/updating – Induction packs, Staff Handbook and sundry HR policy reviews
- Admin element of the Recruitment process – Job. Ads. and produce staff contracts.
- Run monthly Lunch Money return
- Assist in Health & Safety elements of HR
- Conference/Congress and front office staff rotas
- Special occasion tea breaks, flower arrangements etc.
- Produce Office news update
- Understanding of INTO’s objectives and have a strong knowledge of the trade union and education sector within which the INTO operates
- Ability to work as part of a team in a co-operative and constructive manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong IT skills and to be proficient in the use of the appropriate computer applications
- Excellent writing skills including with the ability to properly structure written documentation
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including the capacity to prioritise
- Maintain very high standards and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Ability to act on own initiative as appropriate and to keep well informed and up-to-date about matters relevant to the section
- Deal with INTO members and other section contacts in a professional and effective manner.
- Demonstrate efficiency, reliability, flexibility and attention to detail
- Exercise sound judgement in all aspects of the work
Applications are invited for this position to include a CV for submission to Bernie Mc Hale (firstname.lastname@example.org), HR, no later than 5pm on Friday 24th of July.