10th November 2020
The nomination process in the election for the Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer has been completed with both candidates, Síne Friel and Deirdre O’Connor, being sufficiently nominated.
The procedures for the election of the next INTO Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer are as follows:
- Friday, 13 November will be the last date for withdrawal from the election.
- The nominations will be published in an Election Special posting on 20 November.
- Voting papers shall be sent to eligible voters on Wednesday, 25 November 2020 based on the organisation’s membership list as at 20 November 2020.
- Close of poll will be 5pm on Friday, 11 December 2020.
- The count and declaration of result will be held on Monday, 14 December 2020.
Candidates may be in touch with your school INTO staff representative to request your contact details (email address and mobile numbers). In advance of sharing this data, your staff rep should give you the opportunity to opt-out of your details being shared. A ‘school contacts list’ form is available from branch secretaries for school reps’ use.
While it is important that candidates can communicate effectively with INTO members during the election process, of equal importance is the protection of INTO members’ rights to data privacy during canvassing. Candidates have been issued and have signed a Code of Behaviour. The code includes agreeing to abide by the seven principles of data protection and ensuring that all personal data pertaining to members is deleted and destroyed in a safe manner at the end of the election campaign.
Please read our INTO data privacy notice here.