26th January 2021
Ahead of the forthcoming ballot of members on a new public sector pay deal, the INTO has published an informational Eolas setting out the key changes in the proposed agreement. The Eolas includes revised pay and allowance terms under the proposals and examples of the effect of these on earnings.
The CEC has taken the decision to recommend members vote YES and accept this agreement.
While we are aware that members are preoccupied with other significant concerns, we have an obligation to conduct a ballot at this time and therefore a responsibility to share the facts with you in advance. We appreciate the trying times we are all working through at the moment and we will also continue to keep you updated on key developments in respect of COVID-19 and the reopening of our schools.
The Eolas provided below sets out important information on both the proposed agreement and the ballot of members. Members are encouraged to read the document in full, attend branch meetings and online events to be publicised by the INTO to ask any questions you might have and keep an eye on emails and web/social media where we will seek to respond to members questions.
We are also asking you to help us share the ‘Eolas’ with members in your locality through your normal school based communication channels.
Key points set out in the Eolas include:
- The agreement delivers a minimum salary increase of 2% or €1,000, whichever is greater during the agreement.
- Pay equality for all cohorts with a third increment skip securing equality with the pre-2011 graduate entrant (the definition as adopted by the INTO and Annual Congress) and ensuring no future losses.
- Payment of a long-delayed award to all principals and deputy principals through a ‘sectoral bargaining’ fund.
- All allowances increased by 2% during the agreement.
The upcoming INTO ballot on the draft pay agreement will be held online. The ballot will be open from Wednesday, 3 February to Tuesday, 9 February 2021 (inclusive).
Members will receive their online vote on the 3 February from our online balloting company (Civica Election Services).
In order to ensure you receive your electronic vote, please ensure that the INTO have your email address.
If you didn’t receive this email today, then it’s possible we may have an old email address for you and you need to act fast.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Member name
- Payroll number (unique identifier)
- School roll number (if you hold a permanent or temporary post)
- Preferred email address to use for ballot vote.
The deadline for receipt of email addresses is this Friday, 29 January 2021 at 5pm.