31st January 2022
Vacancy for temporary Official in the INTO Conditions of Employment and Leadership Section – Dublin based
Applications are invited for this fixed-term position (12 months from Sept. 2022). The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, responsive and flexible team, committed to achieving INTO objectives especially in the area of direct service to members. This is a position which involves significant responsibility in relation to INTO’s work in dealing with teachers’ conditions of employment.
This vacancy arises as a result of a career break in the Conditions of Employment and Leadership section and initial duties will be in that section. However, flexibility is a key requirement and the capacity to work across all sections of the office is essential.
Initial duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the development and implementation of INTO policy and assisting in the development of services to members.
- Maintaining a detailed and up to date knowledge of teachers’ conditions of employment issues: pay, pensions and general financial matters.
- Advising members on conditions of employment, trade union and professional matters.
- Representing and liaising on behalf of members with other agencies such as Department of Education, management bodies and other trade unions.
- Responding to members’ queries via telephone, email and correspondence.
- Undertaking research and preparing documentation for publication and presentation.
- Up to date knowledge of the INTO and an understanding of current issues in education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An up-to-date proficiency in IT, with an emphasis on Excel and data management.
- A commitment to working effectively in a team environment.
- High standards of research, writing and presentation skills.
- A minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience.
- An appropriate third-level qualification.
- An ability to provide a quality service to individuals and groups of members.
- A results-driven approach.
- A willingness to participate in CPD.
A letter of application (maximum two pages) and curriculum vitae, together with the names and contact details of two referees, should be submitted by email only to: email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, 25 February 2022. Interviews will be held in March 2022.
General terms and conditions are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.