17th February 2022
Two fixed-term positions as paid interns for 2022/2023
The INTO invites applications for two positions as paid interns for the school year 2022/2023. Persons appointed will be located for work purposes in INTO Head Oﬃce (35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1), but remote work may be available in line with INTO Head Office policy.
These positions will be filled by secondment from teaching, subject to securing board of management approval. Persons appointed will work normal oﬃce hours, Monday to Friday, for the school year 2022/2023. They will be subject to INTO Head Oﬃce conditions and relevant staﬀ policies. The appointees will continue to be paid their normal DES salary and to accrue pensionable service as teachers, and will receive an additional allowance subject to a maximum combined amount.
A full statement of conditions of employment is available on request: email email@example.com
The INTO is seeking members who:
- are enthusiastic about the INTO and its services;
- have an interest, and ideally involvement at school/branch level, in the INTO;
- seek more experience of, and to learn more about, the INTO and its operation while working full time at Head Oﬃce;
- have excellent oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills;
- are trustworthy and appreciate the confidentiality associated with handling issues for INTO members;
- have good IT skills;
- have high standards and vision for the INTO and for education.
The responsibilities will include working directly with all sections within the INTO, as assigned, assisting with members’ queries and cases, attending meetings and preparing papers as required, researching specific issues and such other duties as may be assigned by the General Secretary.
To apply, please forward:
- a copy of your CV;
- a cover letter (two pages max) outlining your interest in the INTO and how you believe you could contribute to/benefit from working with our Head Oﬃce team;
- names and contact details of two referees (with note of how each person knows you).
Your application, including the above material, should be sent to Internships, Bernie McHale, HR Manager, INTO, 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1, or by email entitled ‘Internships’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, 25 February 2022. It is anticipated that a short-listing and interview process will take place with interviews scheduled 10 March 2022. All applicants will be advised of the outcome.