19th December 2022
Position: INTO Northern Secretary
Section: Northern Office
Location: 23-24 College Gardens, Belfast
The INTO is the largest teachers’ organisation in Ireland, representing more than 50,000 members in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Applications are invited for the post of INTO Northern Secretary, based in Belfast.
The successful candidate will have the leadership skills necessary to advance the objectives of the INTO in Northern Ireland.
Duties will include:
- Leading negotiations and representations on behalf of INTO members in Northern Ireland
- Developing, progressing and communicating INTO policy and objectives in Northern Ireland
- Promoting and maintaining constructive relations with stakeholders and other parties
- Having overall responsibility for managing the work of the INTO in Northern Ireland and the day-to-day administration and management of the work of Northern Office
The successful applicant must have:
- Extensive knowledge of the INTO’s role and objectives; and the education system in Northern Ireland
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the trade union movement and industrial relations in Northern Ireland
- Demonstrable leadership experience and the ability to manage and develop a team of people to deliver a reliable and quality service for INTO members
- A strong academic background and appropriate professional experience at a senior level
Applications, including a Curriculum Vitae to be submitted to the General Secretary, INTO, Vere Foster House, 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1, Email: email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday, 12 January 2023.
Salary will be linked to the appropriate Northern Ireland civil service grade. A detailed job description is available from the above address.