13th February 2023
Vacancy: Senior Official (permanent)
Section: Conditions of Employment and Leadership
Location: 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1
The INTO is the largest teachers’ organisation in Ireland, representing the trade union and professional interests of more than 50,000 members in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
A vacancy has arisen at Senior Official level in the Conditions of Employment and Leadership section of the INTO. The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a dynamic team in Head Office committed to achieving the INTO’s objectives. While initial duties will be in the Conditions of Employment and Leadership Section, flexibility is a key requirement and the capacity to work across all sections of the office is essential.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong academic background and a minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the INTO to drive the delivery of the union’s key priorities.
- A thorough understanding of current educational, industrial relations and school leadership issues.
- Experience and expertise in negotiating and handling complex industrial relations issues.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills and an ability to build, maintain and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- High standards of research, policy development and project management skills.
- Leadership capacity and the ability to assist in managing and developing a team of people to deliver a reliable and quality service for INTO members.
- A commitment to continuously develop knowledge and skills.
- A results-driven approach with evidence of being innovative, energetic and flexible in advancing strategy.
The Senior Official is based in INTO Head Office in Dublin and will be required to travel to carry out the duties of the post.
Senior officials are required to hold a valid full driving licence and to continue to hold such a licence during their employment with INTO. They are required to have a car available for their use on INTO business. Travel and Subsistence rates are paid in accordance with Public Service rates and conditions.
How to apply
A letter of application (maximum two pages) and curriculum vitae, together with the names and contact details of two referees, should be submitted by email only to: email@example.com by 5 pm, Tuesday, 28 February 2023.
General Terms and Conditions are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.