1st March 2023
Position: INTO Assistant Northern Secretary
Section: Northern Office
Location: 23-24 College Gardens, Belfast
The INTO is the largest teachers’ organisation in Ireland, representing more than 50,000 members in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Applications are invited for the post of INTO Assistant Northern Secretary, based in Belfast.
Applications are invited for this challenging senior management position. The successful candidate will play a key strategic role in progressing the objectives and policies of the INTO across all levels of the Organisation in Northern Ireland.
Duties will include
- Involvement in negotiations and representations on behalf of INTO members in Northern Ireland
- Assisting with the development, progression and communication of INTO policy and objectives in Northern Ireland
- Promoting and maintaining constructive relations with stakeholders and other parties
- Assisting the Northern Secretary with the management of the work of the INTO in Northern Ireland and the day-to-day administration and management of the work of Northern Office
Key requirements and competencies
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong academic background and a minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience;
- A demonstrable record of leading and managing change in terms of initiatives and project teams at a senior level;
- A thorough understanding of INTO’s role and objectives and the external environment in which it operates;
- Significant experience and a proven track record in negotiating and handling complex industrial relations issues;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills and an ability to build, maintain and influence a wide range of organisations towards the INTO’s objectives;
- Strong analytical, reporting and project management skills;
- A results driven approach with evidence of being innovative, energetic and flexible in advancing strategy;
- A willingness to continuously build his/her knowledge and skills base.
Applications, including a Curriculum Vitae to be submitted to the General Secretary, INTO, Vere Foster House, 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 15 March 2023.
Salary will be linked to the appropriate Northern Ireland civil service grade. A detailed job description is available from the above address.
Application closing date: 5pm, 15 March 2023