4th September 2023
The Irish National Teachers’ Organisation (INTO) is currently recruiting for a Senior Official for our Legal and Industrial Relations section.
|Legal and Industrial Relations
|35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1
The post involves senior responsibilities requiring initiating, developing, progressing and communicating INTO policy and objectives on trade union and professional matters across all aspects of the organisation, with a particular focus on legal and industrial relations issues. Duties assigned will be from a range of responsibilities and may be altered from time to time.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong academic background and a minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the INTO to drive the delivery of INTO key priorities.
- A thorough understanding of current issues in education and industrial relations.
- Experience and expertise in negotiating and handling complex legal and industrial relations issues.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills and an ability to build, maintain and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- High standards of research, policy development and project management skills.
- A commitment to promote at individual and team level the delivery of quality services to members.
- A results driven approach with evidence of being innovative, energetic and flexible in advancing strategy.
The Senior Official role will be based in INTO Head Office in Dublin. The Senior Official will be required to travel to carry out the duties of the post. You are required to have a car available for your use on INTO business and a full driving licence. Remote working is available, in line with the terms and conditions of the INTO Head Office remote working policy.
A Letter of application (maximum 2 pages) and curriculum vitae, together with the names and contact details of two referees, should be submitted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Monday 18 September 2023.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 25 September in INTO Head Office.