6th November 2023
|Department:||Conditions of Employment and Leadership section|
|Purpose of role:||To provide backfill for the career break of a permanent staff member|
|Line manager:||Assistant General Secretary/Conditions of Employment and Leadership|
|Hours:||Full time, 37 hours per week|
|Working environment:||Normal place of work is Head Office, 35 Parnell Square, Dublin 1
Remote working is available in line with the terms and conditions of the INTO Head Office remote working policy.
Overview of the role
Applications are invited for the role of temporary Official in the Conditions of Employment and Leadership section. This is a fixed-term position to 31st August 2024. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, responsive and flexible team, committed to achieving INTO objectives especially in the area of direct service to members. This is a position which involves significant responsibility in relation to INTO’s work in dealing with teachers’ conditions of employment.
- A strong academic background and a minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the INTO to drive the delivery of the union’s key priorities.
- A thorough understanding of current educational, industrial relations and school leadership issues.
- Experience and expertise in negotiating and handling complex industrial relations issues.
- A commitment to working effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills and an ability to build, maintain and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- High standards of research, policy development, presentation and project management skills.
- Leadership capacity and the ability to assist in supporting and developing a team of people to deliver a reliable and quality service for INTO members.
- Proficient IT and research skills.
- A commitment to continuously develop knowledge and skills.
- A results-driven approach with evidence of being innovative, energetic and flexible in advancing strategy.
- Willingness to work flexibly including when required/requested outside of normal working hours.
- Contribute to the progress of INTO objectives, policies and services.
- Capacity and willingness to work across all departments of the office if so, assigned by the General Secretary.
A letter of application (maximum 2 pages) and curriculum vitae, together with the names and contact details of two referees, should be submitted by email only no later than 12 noon on Monday 20th Nov. 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description and terms and conditions are available on request.