News Archive 2016
New Membership Benefit: Tax Refund Company
Does HMRC have some of your money?
Over 65% of Teachers been given the wrong tax code by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) at some time in the last 4 years. As a result they will have paid too much tax without realising, with many still paying too much right now!
These are the findings from over 129,000 Teaching Union members who have had their tax codes checked by the UK’s leading tax code experts.
Your employer is using the tax code HMRC sent them to work out how much tax to take off your pay, so it is very important they have the right code. But, under HMRC rules it’s up to YOU to make sure the code your employer has used each year is actually right.
Fortunately, if you are one of the 65% of teachers that have paid too much tax, you can still get your money back from HMRC. However, few taxpayers know enough about tax to spot errors in their past or present tax codes, or want to try and speak directly with HMRC.
With this in mind, INTO is pleased to offer all members a professional review of their tax codes. Provided by the UK’s leading independent tax code experts, The Tax Refund Company, it will help you recover any tax you have overpaid in the last 4 years.
So what do you need to know?
- 129,658 Teaching Union members have already used the service
- You will receive a comprehensive review of your current and last 4 years tax codes
- Unless you receive a refund, the review will be completely FREE
- Refunds for teacher union members typically average around £224 each
- The fee* for refunds of up to £100 is £38 and for refunds over £100 the fee is 38p for each £1 refunded
- Where a new tax code is required, they will arrange this as well
- In the rare event they find you owe more tax, they will only inform you. They are NOT required to inform HMRC
* The first £10 of the fee is a cheque handling charge. Where your refund is under £38, the fee will be reduced accordingly so there is nothing more to pay.
To start your review, click here
Call The Tax Refund Helpline on 0161 968 7345 (Mon–Fri 9am – 5pm)
Date: Monday, 13 June 16