9th September 2020
After nearly 20 years of great service as a member of the INTO Head Office team, Noel Ward has informed the CEC of his intention to retire next summer.
Two applicants have given notice that, if sufficiently nominated, it is their intention to be candidates in the election for the post of Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer.
The procedures for the election of a Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer are as follows:
- Each branch shall be invited to nominate a candidate from the list of qualified candidates which will be forwarded to branches on Monday, 14 September 2020.
- Branch nominations shall reach the General Secretary not later than 5pm on Tuesday, 3 November.
- Friday, 13 November will be the last date for withdrawal from the election.
- The nominations will be published in InTouch or another election publication.
- Voting papers shall be sent to eligible voters on Wednesday, 25 November 2020 based on the organisation’s membership list as at 20 November 2020.
- Close of poll will be 5pm on Friday, 11 December 2020.
- The count and declaration of result will be held on Saturday, 12 December 2020.
The Deputy General Secretary shall be elected by the members of the INTO. Prospective candidates must be nominated by a branch or branches of the INTO representing at least 500 members. Balloting, if required, will take place during December 2020.