10th May 2023
|Contract type:||Permanent x 2
Fixed Term contract x 1
|Hours:||Full time, 37 hours per week|
|Working environment:||Normal place of work is INTO Head Office, Parnell Square, Dublin 1.
Normal place of work is INTO Head Office, Parnell Square, Dublin 1.
The Irish National Teachers’ Organisation is currently recruiting for two permanent Official positions, and one 12-month fixed term Official position, with a starting date of 1 September 2023.
The key requirements for the role of Official include:
- A third level qualification and a minimum of five years’ relevant professional and practical experience
- A strong understanding of the current issues affecting members
- Demonstration of a strong work ethic, capacity to act on own initiative within overall line management structure, and a positive ‘can do’ attitude and approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including commitment to work effectively and co-operatively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including the ability to write to a very high standard is essential
- High standards of research, policy development, presentation and project management skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills including the capacity to manage priorities and deadlines calmly and in a competent manner
- Proficient IT and research skills
- Leadership capacity and the ability to assist in supporting and developing a team of people to deliver a reliable and quality service for INTO members
- Commitment to providing a quality service to INTO members and contributing to the progress of INTO objectives, policies and services
- Capacity and willingness to work across all departments of the office if so assigned by the General Secretary
The three Official roles are based in INTO Head Office in Dublin and will be required to travel to carry out the duties of the post. Remote working may be available, in line with INTO Head Office policy.
Officials carry out such duties as may be assigned by the Assistant General Secretary/Senior Official under the overall direction of the General Secretary.
For an Official post, you are required to have a car available for your use on INTO business.
- A letter of application (maximum two pages) and curriculum vitae, together with the names and contact details of two referees, should be submitted by email only to: email@example.com by 12 noon on Monday, 22nd May 2023.
- Terms and conditions are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.