Services for Members
All INTO Members are entitled to:
- Professional protection to members in or out of school for acts arising out of, or in the course of employment as a teacher.
- Advice and support in disputes with Management, Inspectors, or Government Departments.
- Indemnity insurance for certain claims not covered by Board of Management insurance that might be made for acts arising out of, or in the course of their employment.
- An efficient and reliable information service on professional matters.
- A grant to the estate of any member who dies, provided the necessary membership conditions are fulfilled.
- A grant to a member on the death of his or her spouse, provided certain conditions are satisfied.
- Grants, in necessitous cases, to the spouses and orphans of deceased members and to teachers on small disability pensions.
- Copies of the Organisation's information bulletins and publications.
- Participation in specific group insurance, finance schemes and other specially negotiated benefits and services.