Circular 0017/2017 Staffing arrangements in Primary Schools for the 2017/18 school year
The DES has published Circular 17/2017 to inform all primary schools of the staffing arrangements for primary schools for the 2017/18 school year.
- The new Special Education Teaching Allocation model, (circular 0013/2017) combines GAM/EAL and Resource teaching allocations with posts allocated under the new model referred to as Special Education Teaching posts.
- All existing GAM/EAL clusters and any existing sharing arrangements with permanent or temporary Resource posts cease at the end of 2016/17 school year.
- Thursday, 30th March 2017 is the key date for schools to:
- Notify relevant Panel Operator of any permanent or fixed term vacancy
- Notify the Department’s Primary Teacher Allocations Section of new Special Education Teacher cluster arrangement
- Return Main Redeployment Panel Application Form for surplus permanent/CID holding teachers to the Department’s Primary Teacher Allocations Section
- Return CID Declaration Form in respect of all teachers awarded a CID in the 2016/17 school year and a Main Panel Application Form, if applicable, to the Department’s Primary Teacher Allocations Section
- Submit completed Staffing Appeals Form for the April 2017 meeting of the Primary Staffing Appeals Board to DES Primary Teacher Allocations Section
- The Main Redeployment Panels will be published in late April 2017 with a timeline up to mid- May 2017 for schools to appoint teachers from the panels to vacancies
Date: Thursday, 9 March 17