INTO Learning and Training
New INTO District Development Co-ordinator (formerly District Training Organiser) Positions
Following a review of the pilot Branch-based approach to Staff Representative and New Members’ training and development at local level it was decided to continue with the approach for another 2 year period. It was also decided to re-recruit for the position of District Development Co-ordinator (formerly District Training Organiser - the change in name reflects the broader sense of training and the mis-interpretation of the organising role of the position).
In summary, District Development Co-ordinator will work with local Branch Officers across his/her District to:
- devise a calendar of local briefing/training/discussion events;
- collate materials for briefing/training/development/networking events;
- where necessary, organise clustering arrangements for smaller Branches;
- evaluate all local briefing/training/ development/networking events;
- identify additional local briefing/training/ development/networking needs that would support local membership development
- draw up an annual District development report to District AGMs
INTO would like to hear from members interested in undertaking this role. Key skills and competencies include:
- a good working knowledge of INTO structures, policies and procedures
- excellent intrapersonal and communication skills including in proficiency in ICT
- the ability to build and maintain positive working relations
- the ability to empower and motivate others
Final date for receipt of application forms Friday 25th May at 12pm. Interviews will take place the week beginning May 28th or the week beginning June 11th at District level.
An online orientation will be provided on Thursday, 21st June.
Staff Representative Online Support Course
The INTO Staff Representatives Online Support Course will remain online mid-June 2018.
You may participate in the module at any stage during this time.