INTO Training Courses
Training for INTO School Reps and Members
INTO recognizes that school representatives need to be equipped to carry out their duties and responsibilities. INTO’s training courses ensure that school representatives receive information concerning developments in such areas as:
- Terms and conditions of employment;
- Industrial relations legislation;
- Health and safety at work;
- INTO policy.
As the INTO representative in your school/college, you are the members’ first point of contact with their union.
The INTO Training Course aims to:
- Build your confidence in your relationship with school/college management, and INTO members;
- Increase your awareness of the INTO and its resources and how these can assist you in your role.
Equip you with strategies to:
- Represent the INTO in your school/college;
- Represent INTO members both within your school/college and within your local branch;
- Extend your knowledge of the INTO and teachers’ conditions of service; and
- Manage the role of school representative alongside the demands of your professional role.
In addition to our School Rep and H&S Rep training courses INTO also provides training courses for all members. Details of courses scheduled for 2018-19 can be downloaded below - places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis so early application is advised to avoid disappointment:
INTO Training Events: January 2019
Please download the documents below for details of all our training events in January 2019: