The INTO LGBT+ Teachers’ Group supports and advances the cause of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender primary school teachers in Ireland.
- To make teachers and principals aware of the amendment to Section 37.1 of the Employment Equality Act (1998, 2004) and to continue to work with the INTO Equality Officers and the Equality Authority to ensure that schools are inclusive places to work.
- To encourage the visibility of LGBT teachers in schools and society at large.
- To promote teaching resources for primary schools which address homophobic and transphobic bullying (e.g. ‘Different Families Same Love’, ‘Respect: Creating a Welcoming and Positive School Climate to Prevent Homophobic and Transphobic Bullying’, and ‘All Together Now!’)
- To make submissions to ensure that curricula and school materials are inclusive of LGBT identities.
- To endorse and support the work of other professional groups around common goals e.g. BeLonGTo, Shout Out, LGBT Ireland and TENI.
- To provide a forum for social interaction and peer support, and to organise social events and gatherings.
|GROUP MEETING||Saturday, 25 January||5.30 pm||Central Hotel, Dublin|
The LGBT+ Inclusive School
|Friday and Saturday,
7 and 8 February
|2.00 pm||Clayton Hotel, Wexford|
|GROUP MEETING||Saturday, 21 March||2.00 pm||Maldron Hotel, Cork|
|GROUP MEETING||Saturday, 9 May||2.00 pm||Central Hotel, Dublin|
|DIFFERENT FAMILIES SAME LOVE COMPETITION||Friday, 22 May
(closing date for entries)
|5.00 pm||Details on this page from February 2020|
|DIFFERENT FAMILIES SAME LOVE AWARDS CEREMONY||Thursday, 18 June||6.30 pm||The Teachers Club, Parnell Square|
Pride Brunch & Parade
|Saturday, 27 June||11.00 am||Dublin City Centre
|GROUP MEETING||Friday, 25 September||8.00 pm||Central Hotel, Dublin|
|GROUP AGM||Friday, 20 November||8.00 pm||Central Hotel, Dublin|
Become a Member
The group meets about six times a year. New members are always welcome. If you would prefer to meet members of the group informally first, before the meeting, just send an email and we can arrange to meet for coffee beforehand.
We have regular social events and more information about the group, including meeting dates/times can be found on our Facebook page or on the INTO website.
|Deputy Chairperson||Shauns Brennan|
|Steering Committee Members||Hillary Egan and Jean Louise McCarthy|
|Additional Committee Members||Eileen Gamble and Anne-Marie (Amo) Meenagh|
The Secretary of the group can also be contacted by email at email@example.com.
Also see InTouch for regular updates and information on the group’s activities. Confidentiality assured.