Different Families, Same Love
The INTO LGBT+ Teachers’ Group are delighted to announce the return of the Different Families, Same Love competition for May 2021. This competition is open to all primary schools and special schools in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- To make teachers and principals aware of the amendment to Section 37.1 of the Employment Equality Act (1998, 2004) and to continue to work with the INTO Equality Officer, INTO officials, and the INTO Equality Committee to ensure that schools are inclusive places to work for LGBT+ teachers.
- To encourage the visibility of LGBT+ teachers in schools and society at large.
- To promote teaching resources for primary schools which encourage LGBT+ inclusion and address homophobic and transphobic bullying (e.g. Different Families Same Love, Respect: Creating a Welcoming and Positive School Climate to Prevent Homophobic and Transphobic Bullying, and All Together Now!)
- To make submissions to ensure that curricula and school materials are inclusive of LGBT+ identities.
- To endorse and support the work of other professional groups around common goals e.g. BeLonGTo, Shout Out, LGBT Ireland and TENI.
- To provide a forum for social interaction and peer support, and to organise social events and gatherings.
|Meeting||Friday, 29 January||7.30 pm||Online|
|Meeting||Friday, 12 March||7.30 pm||Online|
|Meeting||Friday, 7 May||7.30 pm||Online|
|Different Families Same Love Competition||May: closing date for entries||TBC||TBC|
|Different Families Same Love Competition Prize Giving||TBC||TBC||TBC|
|Launch of ‘Unveiling our Past’||16 June||4 pm||Online (register here)|
|Pride Celebration||26/27 June TBC||TBC||TBC/Online|
|Meeting||Friday, 24 September||7.30 pm||TBC/Online|
|AGM||Friday, 19 November||7.30 pm||TBC/Online|
For further details including Zoom Meeting ID etc please email us at email@example.com
Become a Member
The group meets about six times a year. New members are always welcome. If you would prefer to meet members of the group informally first, before the meeting, just send an email and we can arrange to meet for coffee beforehand.
We have regular social events and more information about the group, including meeting dates/times can be found on our Facebook page or on the INTO website.
|Deputy Chairperson||Ann Marie Meenagh|
|Policy and Public Relations||Cecelia Gavigan|
|Resource Officer||Hillary Egan|
|Steering Committee Member||Seán Hegarty|
The Secretary of the group can also be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also see InTouch for regular updates and information on the group’s activities. Confidentiality assured.