The salaries of all INTO staff are related to Civil Service Grades. In the case of officials, routine salary claims, regrading and dates of implementation are determined by the CEC on the advice and recommendation of the staff salaries committee. This subcommittee is appointed annually by the CEC and it comprises the General Secretary, Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer, President, Vice President and four members of the CEC.
Minor claims, regrading and appointment of administrative staff are the administrative responsibility of the General Secretary. Any significant change to the salaries and conditions of INTO employees are considered in the context of employees’ contracts of employment and engagement with the relevant unions representing staff.
The following are the relevant linked Civil Service scales for salaries:
- General Secretary: Deputy Secretary
- Deputy General Secretary/General Treasurer: Principal (Higher) plus 12.5%
- Assistant General Secretaries: Assistant Principal Higher plus 13.5%
- Senior Officials: Assistant Principal plus 7.5%
- Officials: Higher Executive Officer plus 12.5%
Click here for the relevant Department of Finance/DPER circular which sets out Civil Service salary scales.