DFSL Competition Returns in Home Learning Format
The new format includes tailor-made resources that allow pupils to explore the topic and create their own projects from within the comfort of their own homes.
To mark the upcoming International Family Equality Day (IFED) and International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOBIT) we are asking children to unleash their creativity and celebrate the diversity of people and families in Ireland.
- €100 Smyths voucher for the winning entry (Sterling Vouchers for NI Winners)
- Hamper of books for your school
- Lots of runner up prizes!
Who Can Enter?
This competition is open to all primary school children living in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
Tá fáilte faoi leith roimh iarratais as Gaeilge.
- Individual Junior: Infants to 2nd Class/P1-P4
- Individual Senior: 3rd to 6th Class/P5-P7
- Family entry: Junior Infants to 6th Class/P1-P7
How to Get Involved?
Competition entries, like our families, can take many forms so you and your students can choose to create individual or family projects based on the theme ‘Different Families, Same Love’. It can be a drawing, a painting, a 3D piece of art, a story, a poem, a video, a song, a podcast, a dance, a drama, anything at all!
Entries will be judged on
- relevance to the theme (40 marks)
- overall quality of the work (30 marks)
- creativity and originality (20 marks) and
- how well the learning was shared with wider audiences (10 marks)
Steps to Success
- Browse the resources in the support document below
- Explore the theme ‘Different Families, Same Love’ with your child or children.
- Create a project based on the theme – this can be a picture, a poem, a story, a video, a song, a podcast, anything!
- Share your project with others (school friends/family members/wider community). If an adult in your family shares your work on social media then please use the hashtag #differentfamiliessamelove.
- Email your entry to email@example.com.
- Complete the entry form here.
Closing date for receipt of submissions is Friday, 22 May 2020.