Recruitment of SNAs – supplementary assignment arrangements for the 2020/21 school year
Special Needs Assistant (SNA) Allocations for the 2020/21 School Year for Mainstream Classes in Primary and Primary Schools
The following accompanying documentation can be found on the NCSE website.
- NCSE 03/2020 NCSE Guidance for schools seeking an Exceptional Review of Mainstream SNA Allocation 2020/21 for schools who perceive they have insufficient SNA resources
- NCSE FAQ – Exceptional Review of Mainstream SNA allocation 2020/21
- Application Form for Schools seeking SNA Exceptional Review 2020/21
- NCSE 04/2020 Guidelines for Schools Appealing Exceptional Review Outcome – Mainstream SNA allocation 2020/21 includes the Grounds for Appeal and Appeal Process (pg 3)
- Application Form for Schools Appealing Exceptional Review Outcome
Details for Special Schools and Special Classes can be found on https://ncse.ie/for-schools. There has been no change to the way in which SNAs are allocated to special schools or specials classes.
- NCSE 01/2020 NCSE Guidelines for Special Schools 2020/2021
- NCSE 02/2020 NCSE Guidelines for Mainstream Schools with Special Classes 2020/21
Post-Graduate Certificate/Diploma Programme of Continuing Professional Development for Teachers working with Students with Special Educational Needs (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
Staffing Arrangements in Primary Schools for the 20/21 school year
Appendix C Circular 0018/2020
Updated list of all schools showing NCSE SET hours allocated to each school. It outlines the full-time posts and part-time hours available for clustering under the SET allocations data for the 2020/21 school year
School initially had till 27 March to submit Appendix D: Form SET cluster 2020 to cluster part-time SET hours into new full-time permanent (25hrs) shared SET posts with neighbouring schools
On 19 March, the DES notified INTO that due to Covid-19 school closure, schools now had till 3 April to submit forms/documentation related to the staffing circular.
SET clusters made in the school year 2019/20 remain in place for the 2020/21 school year.
Status of SET Posts
All full-time SET posts, both full-time in one school and base posts for SET clusters are permanent posts and should be filled in accordance with the redeployment arrangements.
Part-time hours remaining in a school that are not clustered into full-time posts may only be filled in a temporary capacity.
Graduate Certificate in the Education of Pupils with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) for teachers working with Pupils with ASD in Special Schools, Special Classes or as Special Education Teachers in mainstream Primary and Post-Primary Schools, 2020/2021
Post-Graduate Diploma Programme of Continuing Professional Development for Special Education Teachers, 2020/2021
Commence of certain sections of the Education (Admissions to Schools) Act 2018 – changes to school admission processes
Payment of Travel Expenses to GAM/EAL (Learning/Language Support) and Resource Teachers in Recognised Primary Schools
The Special Needs Assistant (SNA) scheme to support teachers in meeting the care needs of some children with special educational needs, arising from a disability