Due to Covid-19 restrictions, INTO is unable to host its popular Retirement Planning Seminars for the foreseeable future.
However, we are facilitating a Retirement Planning Webinar on Saturday, 28 November from 9.15am until 16.45pm. This webinar is delivered by our team of experts and is specifically tailored for primary teachers who are contemplating retirement.
Members are now invited to register for the webinar.
INTO Retirement Planning Webinar, 15 May 2020
- Teacher Pension Schemes
- Eligibility for retirement
- How is pension and lump sum calculated
- Spouses and Children’s pension scheme
- Application procedures
- Should I stay or should I go? – Public Service Stability Agreement (PSSA)
- Who are the Class A contributors?
- 10 things to know about for Social Welfare engagement
Retirement Planning Seminars, open to teachers approaching retirement and their partners, are organised each year by the INTO.
The programme includes:
- A Healthy Lifestyle
- Social Welfare Entitlements
- Making the Most of Your Investments
- Income Tax
- Wills & Inheritance Tax
- Retired Teachers’ Association
- Budgeting for Retirement
- Handling the Lifestyle Change
The seminars are run over one and half days, i.e. Friday and half day Saturday. The Department of Education and Skills allows teachers to absent themselves from school on the Friday in order to attend the seminar. Prior approval of the board of management is required.
Details and application forms are published in InTouch magazine on a regular basis.